Outcomes & Session Rating Scales

1. Default Outcomes & Session Rating Scales
    Medical Coding Books
    If your office completes the ORS & SRS at each visit, do you code for it? My thought is this would be bundled into the counseling code. If you do code it, which codes do you use? What documentation is needed to support coding it? Currently my providers are saying "ORS & SRS completed" and then they code 96150 or 96151. I'm just wondering how other offices do this. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mkm1517 View Post
    If your office completes the ORS & SRS at each visit, do you code for it? My thought is this would be bundled into the counseling code. If you do code it, which codes do you use? What documentation is needed to support coding it? Currently my providers are saying "ORS & SRS completed" and then they code 96150 or 96151. I'm just wondering how other offices do this. Thanks!
    I think you will find your answer if you read the information just prior to the 96150 code section. There are specific instructions listed there and it states you do not code 96150 to96155 in addition to counseling codes on the same date of service. These codes are related to patient biophysical health status.
    Arlene J. Smith, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, COBGC

Similar Threads

1. E&M and Joint Injections perfomed during same session CCI issue
    By chasidyh@hotmail.com in forum Anesthesia
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2013, 10:10 PM
  2. LHC, PCI & Peripherals Same Session
    By cargo in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2012, 07:37 AM
  3. Anterior & Posterior arthrodesis same session
    By belmontg in forum Orthopaedics