I'm wondering if you could use modifier -53 with this since it reads to me like the physician tried to do the TEE, but couldn't because he/she couldn't get the probe into the esophagus, let alone past it.
To me, if I saw a claim with modifier -52 on it for a TEE, I would think that the physician did the TEE, but something happened and only a portion of the TEE code was done.
Just my $.02 for what it's worth.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join