I know how you feel....
I'm new to the entire field of billing and coding and I'm also a CPC-A. I've been offered two billing positions out of over 120 job applications to positions in billing, coding, receptionist, and medical records, but nothing else. Why? Because I don't have at least 2 years of practical experience as anything, but I do have a 120 hour externship's worth of billing experience.
There is an internship program through the AAPC where they will try to find you a place to gain experience, but I'm going to assume that you're like me in that you need a paying job.
I wish you the best of luck. The only recommendation that I have for you is to not limit your search to just a coding job. You could start as a biller; auditing claims on the side to prove you know how to code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join