per a seminar I went to yesterday by Karen Zupko Associates, per Medicare guidelines unless the condition requires a return to the operating room all follow up care including treatment of complications is part of the global / post-op period.
CPT guidelines state "typical postoperative follow up care" so if it's NOT Medicare it may depend on the insurance carrier whether they follow CPT guidelines or Medicare guidelines whether they pay or not... clear as mud, huh??
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join