That was the closest code I could find at first, but.... What I don't like about 272.2 is that gastric xanthelasma isn't associated with hyperlipidemia according to my research on what gastric xanthelasma is.
According to my research, gastric xanthelasma is a benign lesion of the stomach. With that, I think the better code would be 537.89.
FYI.... Here's where I got the definition of gastric xanthelasma.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join