I enjoyed reading Suzi Morrow's article in the November issue. But how many billing companies, and medical facilities are willing to do so. I don't think most of these places have the manpower to, and most don't want to be bothered. They want you to have 2-3 years experience. We need a Suzi Morrow in every medical facility for that to happen, until then we just have to stay focus on what we as newly certified coders want, and that is someone to give us that first break.
I have been working in a hospital for the past 10 years not in the capacity of coding, and I cannot get an interview because of my lack of experience. I hope to find a position not particularly in coding and I can work my way up to where I want to be.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join