What was the reason for the ileostomy? I would think that the Dx should be the same as gave rise to the ileostomy, originally. The purpose now is to verify adequate healing.
The procedure, as you suggest, is 47378; the ileostomy is above the cecum, somewhere in the ileum, so there was no limitation on the colonoscopy.
You mention nothing about it, however, if they also scoped above the ileostomy, entering through the stoma, that would add a 44380 (or rather a code from 44380-44383).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join