I have a patient that had a polyp removed by the lift and cut technique with Snare and submucosal injection. 45930, easy. THEN the doctor injected the same area with Indian Ink for tattooing for future reference. This second injection is for a different procedure, would you or would you not add the 45381-59. CCI edits do not disallow it and yes, the parenthetical notes say that 45381 FOR LIFT INJECTION may not be used with 45390 , but the tattoo injection was not for a lift injection.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join