29875 is listed as a separate procedure and can be used if unrelated or performed alone, this code is also a component of 29873.
29877 is a component of 29873 and a modifier is not allowed to override.
29873 is a component of 27422 and a modifier is allowed.
So I would use:
27422 (Reconstruction of dislocating patella; eg. Hauser type procedure).
29873 (Arthroscopy, knee, surgical; with lateral release) with modifier -51 for multiple procedures and -59 if the procedure was distinct or above and beyond the primary procedure.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join