76140: Consultation on X-ray examination made elsewhere, written report.
This is professional component only, in that no TC charges are accrued for the rendering of this service (mod -26 does not apply). There must exist some type of written report to validate the charge. Generally, I have always gone with the ACR requirements of a report and left it at that. In other words, this is no different than any other radiological examination, the requesting physician should order the consultation and the written report stands as communication back to him.
Hope that makes sense.
Kevin B. Shields, CPC, CCP, CCS-P, CPC-P, RCC, ACP
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join