annual physical

Question annual physical
    Exam Training Packages
    when a pt comes in for a physical can you link other codes to the preventive

example:

v70.0
    v58.69

or would you use an E/M visit for the 401.1, 272.4, V58.69 Trying to clear it up for the physicians. The only diag. code that we link to the 99396 is V70.0.

If and only if the provider performed a significantly separate service would I link the additional diagnosis to an E/M code. If the conditions were just addressed at the physical I would just link them to the preventative code.
    Christina Lee Wagner, CPC, CPC-H

I agree with Christina. But definitely, if the provider performed a seperate E/M for the problem focused visit, make sure they are billing that too, with the 25 modifier.
    Jeni Smith, CPC, CPMA

Default annual physicals
    Has anyone coded "annual physical" for a 43 YOwomen getting a pap/pelvic as
    G0101
    DX: V72.31

i have never used the G0101 with my 99396 and recently learned that my Bc/Bs carriers allows it!

Default G0101
    Tammy,

I have never used G0101 on commerical ins only on medicare patients. Did not know you could use that code for commerical. I only use v72.31 if it is a complete pelvic and breast exam.

Default G0101
    Tammy,

I have never used G0101 on commerical ins only on medicare patients. Did not know you could use that code for commerical. I only use v72.31 if it is a complete pelvic and breast exam. I use v72.46 if it is just a collection of Pap.

I have always been told G codes were Medicare codes. Might want to look into that, BCBS might be asking for that $ back
    Jeni Smith, CPC, CPMA

Quote Originally Posted by jas0426 View Post
    I have always been told G codes were Medicare codes. Might want to look into that, BCBS might be asking for that $ back
    You'd be surprised at how many "commercial" insurance recognize those G codes and Q codes. Our office made phone calls to our "top 10" carriers to find out if they reimbursed these codes and more than 2/3 of them do.

I would say to check with your carriers to find out.

Good luck,
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

Wow, that is so good to know. I will definitely tell by A/R director about this to see where we might be missing out.
    Jeni Smith, CPC, CPMA