I agree with your coding. The only way, I know of, to get reimbursed for multiple hernia is to show separate and distinct repairs. Your Dr is only doing one repair based off "a single mesh reconstructive procedure" in OpNote.
The RVU's for 2 epi's is 17.82 vs 26.88 for ventral plus the 7.84 for the mesh that can not be added to the epi's. That should be enough to convince them.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join