We recently had the same problem with BCBS with combinations of colonoscopy codes and hemorrhoid banding - they were paying the colonoscopy as the 2nd procedure at 50% rather than paying the hemorrhoid banding second. We had to call and speak with provider services and formalize our complaint against that processing. The two codes you show above are billable together with the modifier. There is no CCI edit because there are no restrictions on billing the two together.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join