76998-26 to charge for the intraoperative ultrasonic guidance, even though they couldn't find the needle with it.
41805-53 for the attempted unsuccessful removal of the needle.
I was thinking that you might be able to code the endotracheal intubation using 31500, but I don't think you can because part of the definition of the code includes "emergency procedure" and I don't feel as though this could be considered an emergency procedure.
Also, since a C-arm was used, you might want to go back and ask the surgeon if it was used radiographically or fluoroscopically so you could code that too.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join