First, the carrier is right. 93320 and 93325 are included in 93306. According to the Use Notes for 93320 and 93325, neither of these can be used with 93306. Comparing the description of 93306 with those of 93320 and 93325 shows clearly that the former is inclusive of the latter two CPTs.
Persisting in billing all three of these CPTs probably constitutes unbundling.
You can bill 93351, 93320, 93325; the Use Notes do permit that combination.
Here, for your reference, are the CPT descriptions highlighted to show the inclusion.
93306 — Echocardiography, transthoracic, real-time with image documentation (2D), includes M-mode recording, when performed, complete, with spectral Doppler echocardiography, and with color flow Doppler echocardiography.
+ 93320 — Doppler echocardiography, pulsed wave and/or continuous wave with spectral display (List separately in addition to codes for echocardiographic imaging); complete
(Use 93320 in conjunction with 93303, 93304, 93312, 93314, 93315, 93317, 93350, 93351) (emphasis added)
+ 93325 — Doppler echocardiograpy color flow velocity mapping (List separately in addition to codes for echocardiography)
(Use 93325 in conjunction with 76825, 75826, 75827, 76828, 93303, 93304, 93308, 93312, 93314, 93315, 93317, 93350, 93351) (emphasis added)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join