Complicated wounds are those that cannot be closed primarily without complex surgical manipulation. The approach to the closure of the complicated wound depends on the causes for, location of, physical characteristics of, and healing potential of the wound. When managing these wounds the goals are optimal aesthetic outcome and preservation of function.
Complicated wounds may occur as a result of trauma or following the excision of tumors of the skin. The focus here is the management of the clean wound following skin tumor resection, particularly of the head and neck region. However, the principles presented may be applied to the management of all complicated wounds.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join