I would use code 30901 (Control nasal hemorrhage, anterior, simple(limited cautery and/or packing) any method).
The reason I would use this code is that it captures the cautery and the method which is the endoscopy.
Also, the reason why I would not use code 31231 is because this is diagnostic only and does not include the cautery, nor would I use 31238 because this code reflects electrocautery which is different from using silver nitrate(Chemical cautery).
Hope this helps...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join