AAPC - Back to school

Thread: PMI Credentials

New Orleans

Default PMI Credentials

AAPC: Back to School
    Has anyone gotten or heard of the credential thru PMI for coding or office management?

Concord, NC or Rochester, NY

I have heard of the organization and at one time had my CMC from them. However, it my opinion, the CPC is a better credential for coding. There are other credentials but I did not pursue as I could not see how they would be of benefit in the long run

New Orleans

Thansk for the feedback. I was interested in the Office mgmt credential.

Default Pmi

I have my CMC and CMOM credentials through PMI, and am currently working on the CMCO at this time with them as well.
    I have since gotten my CIRCC credentials through the AAPC as well since I was doing interventional cardiology and peripheral vascular coding and that was valuable information to have at that time.
    I am now in a different specialty, but think the CMCO can be helpful for me not matter what practice I am with.
    I have had no issues with PMI credentials while working my way up. They are very supportive and reasonable with CEU pricing as well.
    Just got my new card in for completing my 2011 ceu's so am certified for another year. Yea me. LOL

Similar Threads

1. Pmi cmc
    By kjdallas in forum ICD-10
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2015, 02:50 PM
  2. credentials
    By lockcin@aol.com in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 06:47 AM
  3. Pmi
    By perkins05 in forum Employment General Discussion
    Replies: 2