For modifier -66 the guideline states, "Under some circumstances, highly complex procedures(requiring the concomitant services of several physicians, often of different specialties, plus other highly skilled trained personnel, variouse types of complex equipment) are carried out under the "surgical team" concept.
Since the guideline says several physicians are required to make up a surgical team, since there are only two physicians participating, I would not use modifier -66.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join