Hello fellow members!
I'm trying to brushup on my anesthesia coding, and can't remember how the formula goes. I know its coded in 15 min increments. Can someone briefly tell me how the formula goes, and where I get the base units from? I know I'm suppose to use a qualifying circumstance and a physical circumstance, which each has a base unit value, and then for the actual anesthesia code, am I suppose to check on the CMS list for the unit value and then add all of those up? If all of this is correct, what do I do after this? Also, where do I get the base unit values for the physical status modifiers and the qualifying circumstances.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join