AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cpc Test - Can anyone tell me

AAPC: Back to School
    I made notes in my CPT when a seconardy code was used with that particular code. 23350 + 73040 and I put a + and wrote out 73040 under it, so I knew it had a code that went with it, another like 24220 + 73085 I wrote a + and 73085 under it so I knew when I selected that code it had an additional code to make the answer correct. I also went through my lesion section Removal of Skin Tags, I wrote (DO NOT USE -51) so that when I got to that section and was involved, I would see it instantly and not use it. Its tricky. Some sections you can use it, and some you can't...11101 I wrote x the # lesions, my note to myself to mulipy the number of lesions. BTW the 23350 was not on my exam...!!! thats an example only of what I am talking about. However, I will tell you to much of notes can confuse you---distract you, so write only what you really will have difficulty in remembering. In some sections--I had to many notes that distracted me and I had to try to recall why I wrote them !

There is 4-5 empty pages in the cpt book, write all the notes that you can, fill every page with terminology, notes for that section, I just took the test and did not pass. Time is important, its good to get the review book its worth it, you will be able to practice 3 xs and see that you can complete it in 5:30 hours.

Default go for it

i like to get some help.
    i am going for the fourth time, because of the language barrier. i am sure i'll pass this time.
    i am at the college for this test for the fourth time too. teacher is very good, but she is working with me as i am a new time student. I can code easy now,( i compare to the others in class) but why i am not passing i don't feel. should i get a tutor for a few lessons?

Smile Question

The CPC test can be taken on this website can't it?(the test that is 5 hours long that's how I understood it).Sounds like I need to study up on medical term and anatomy before taking test. And the test costs either 300.00 or 500.00 don't remember for sure.

Thank you for your help and time

Amy Cunningham

The CPC exam cannot be taken online. It must be taken at an AAPC approved exam site. Under the Certification tab on the AAPC website there is a link to Locate Exam Site.
    Eileen Blankenship, CPC
    Remote Coder

Default Principles of CPT coding 6th edition.

OMG!! I am taking the test on Nove 13th, for the 2nd time and I am studying this time. I am using the Princiles of CPT coding and I am finding that some of the answers are WRONG in the back of the book... I am in ch. 4 Anesthesia and the answers are WRONG.. I am so mad... Did anyone else notice this?

I recently took and thank goodness passed the CPC. I highly reccommend the CPC Study Guide and the Workbook. It also comes with a re and post test. The workbook concentrates on E & M's. TIMING is of the most importance. I reccommend taking the test in the study guide and time yourself.

Also practice the pass system:

When you get your test look through it answer All the questions you can answer right off, that's your first pass. Then go to the ones with one or two answers that's your second pass. You only get a little more than two minutes per question so knocking out the easy ones first allows more time for the hard ones later. Also HIGLIGHT the questions on your second pass that you know you have to come back to, this way when you look throuhg your test a final time you will not inadvertantly leave any unanswered.

Be very familiar with you CPT and ICD-9 books. Know your sections, ie. 7000 radiology. You can tab a section but you CAN NOT indicate codes on the tabs. I used different color tabs for my trouble areas. Definitely know where to look for ALL of you modifiers.

Get a very good nights sleep, the hardest thing I found was the length of the test.

I wish you the best of luck, please post and let us know when you get your results, which I 'm sure will be passing.

Talking anatomy help

If you don't own see if you can borrown the 2010 HCPCS Level II by Carol Buck and the AMA it has great pictures of anatomy in the front.

Default Need books

Was wondering if there was anyone that want to sell their 2011 coding book and review book if you are done and have passed. I am suppose to take test on August 20th but may have to wait longer because just found out the books hve to be 2011 and I finished December 2010 and see no need to buy new 2011 books! Also looking for a used cpc reveiw book to study for exam. Single mom here wanting to pass this test the first time! Thanks

you can go to book renter and rent them thats what im doing im takiing my test on the 20the also. i rented all 3 books for 60.00

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast