AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insight/advice/opinions

AAPC: Back to School
    Your insights are great would you mine sending me the attachment mentioned in this forum.

Lora Cherry

Tacoma, WA

Quote Originally Posted by lcherry@noiortho.com View Post
    Your insights are great would you mine sending me the attachment mentioned in this forum.

Lora Cherry
    If you scroll down a few posts and find where Brandi originally posted her wonderful response with great test taking tips, you will see the "thumbnails" at the bottom of her original post that you can click on and download. They don't transfer you have to find them and click them for download.
    Arlene J. Smith, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, COBGC

You need to order the Carol S Buck CPC Examination Study Guide. It comes with a CD that has a pre-test, post-test and final examination so that you can take a test similar to the CPC and it also has time to let you know how you are doing. It is available on Amazon and well worth the money. Read you ICD-9 and CPT books sounds crazy but it works. Also may consider getting the Clinical COding Workbook from AHIMA also.

Smile Thanks!

Thanks so much for the tips....every bit counts,I really wanna pass the second time around.I came close but I think nerves and becoming burned out right at the end played apart.

Excellent tips, Brandi, and thank you! I sit for my exam this Saturday as well; your suggestions make it seem less daunting.

Flagstaff, AZ

my advice is to invest in what you are about to do. This exam means there has to be some discipline involved and sacrifice if you are not too familiar with the concepts of coding. If you are employed already in a family practice, take advantage of all the material at your disposal. I used to volunteer my time at work and used this time to take advantage of all resources available to me (within HIPAA standards). If you are absolute in making this a career, then you should be able to understand the need to sacrifice by purchasing most products available through AAPC - I would have never made it without the online exams, study guides, and even books purchased through Amazon. Take advantage f your position where you are at - ask questions to the coders in your billing dept, talk with your supervisors on exam reimbursement; utilize the books available - anything, but GET INVOLVED. This will probably take away some needless anxiety and make you feel confident and excited about taking the exam - 2 key factors that never fail about challenges. Keep it simple and be patient. Discipline yourself. I have a family so there should not be an excuse, only a committment. I traveled 250 miles round trip and left 3:30 in the morning to take this exam and I was determined. I love what I do and the challenges continue. You will pass....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12