I think that your idea of contacting your local AAPC chapter is a good one. Start going to all of the meetings and listening to the speakers. Ask the Chapter president or secretary if they know of anyone who will tutor you for a small hourly fee. You can meet at the library. You can also find coding exercises online with the CMS wesite, and there are 20 questions every month on the Coders Edge on this website. I would not give up whatsoever, because you already have a coding job, and those are hard to come by. Also, consider taking the AHIMA test. You might pass that one. Good luck.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join