Since this is international, it gets dicey because the entity who improperly disclosed PHI is not in the US. You have done your part by notifying the Covered Entity and I am asuming you also deleted the PHI you recieved. You may also contact the Office of Civil Rights as they are the governing body who enforces HIPAA. Explain that you are not the patient whose PHI was improperly disclosed, but they may be able to help.
Good luck and thanks for doing the right thing with the PHI you recieved.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join