AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The coding source

Default Not surprising - that's L.A. for you

AAPC: Back to School
    No offense to anyone who lives and works in the L.A. area, but so many aspects of non-Hollywood, professional jobs are "Hollywood." I know this from personal experience; I lived there for over 4 years (I'm a San Fran Bay Area native, where I live now). Competition, competition, competition! So, I'm not surprised to hear that the Coding Source, or any company for that matter, would fail to reveal the "competition" in the interview. It's too bad that this mentality, for lack of a better word, has carried over into healthcare!

For fellow coders who had great experiences with Coding Sources, wonderful! For those of you who quit your jobs to come to L.A., I'm sorry you had that experience - you will find something better! Hang in there

Default Coding Source

I have read all of theses post and for the most part they are correct.

I have worked for the Coding Source for over a year now. I started out traveling doing HCC coding for them. The pay for travel is approx. 25-30 dollars per hour and $30 a day per diem (which by the way is not enough). You receive no paid vacation or sick time. You do get paid for a Holiday only if you work the day before and the day after the holiday but they have managed to screw me out of several holiday pay by simply not scheduling me to work the day before or the day after even though I was willing and ready to work.

When I went to training in LA last year it was for 2 weeks but I have heard they have changed to 3 weeks.

Warning...Just because you pass the ICD 9 test and pass the phone interview (test) and they fly you to LA for "TRAINING". Dont think you have a secure position with the compnay.

Once you arrive in LA you are given the HCC training they promise but you will be tested again and if you do not pass with 95% you will be sent home right then and there. And I do mean "right then and there" A cab will be called to come and pick you up from their corporate office and take you to hotel to gather your belongings and taken to the airport and sent home jobless. I have witnessed this first hand. To give you an idea of what this means...There were 10 people in my training class and only 3 of us made it all the way through. NOT GOOD ODDS

Ps...remote coders make $3.75 per record : (

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12