coderguy1939 - the way I read the codes is: for 30410 it's to reshape the external nose. No surgery to the nasal septum is necessary.
30520 - is to reshape the nasal septum, correcting airway obstruction.
It seems that 30520 is more extensive and would include reshaping the nose a bit due to the reshaping of the septum, etc.
not sure why the CCI edits and notes in AMA differ.... but, I would code only the 30520 if they reshaped the septum and the nose. If they reshaped ONLY the external nose, I'd use 30410.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join