AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help...new to cardiothoracic

Oakbrook, IL

Thumbs up

AAPC: Back to School
    I have been coding cardiothoracic for 7 months now & am now just getting the heart stuff but am still having problems with the lung anatomy, does you training packet have any good tips for Lungs in particular? I also code cardiovascular & thats a whole nother ball of wax!! My background was ortho I was lucky enough to be hired, trained & given the opportunity to code Anesthesia which I have been doing for 5 years and I just loving it!!
    I am going to the Conference in Chgo see if I can pick up any tips they have a couple of sessions that cover cardiovascular & cardiothoracic anesthesia, as well as a session by Dr. Dunn the GURU of Vascular coding! If you find the time to email me the packet you can 4ward it to the email below Thanks!

Las Vegas

Hi Julie...just wondering if you still have that training packet available and if you do could you send me a copy. I would greatly appreciate it!!!
    email: tkeathley@twinps.com

Thanks in advance,
    Tami K
    Tami Keathley, CPC CPMA
    ICD-10 Certified

Default I too have been tossed into Cardiology and I am lost

Could someone share that info with me as well. I am also very confused regarding the Removal/ replacement and revision of the pocket codes for the DDDR Generator. My physician codes all his cases and he continually codes 33212, 33222 and 33233 together.

I don't quite understand it all yet and I know there are 2 different kinds of generators or pacemakers the single and the dual. When I research the codes in my coding companion I really feel like he should be using the 33227. Can anyone offer me any guidance here?

my email is leejac@trinity-health.org

Hi Julie,

Can I get a copy of the CTS guide you have as well? Leahs.rao@gmail.com

Thank you,

Default CTS guide

I know it has been awhile but do you have an updated copy of your CTS guide?
    I sure would appreciate one!
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Carol Hakenson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12