Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please help...new to cardiothoracic

Question Please help...new to cardiothoracic
    Medical Coding Books
    I was wondering if anyone out there can lead me to some material or information that will help me better learn cardiothoracic coding. I started my job about a month ago and I have the CABG procedure down but I get so confused when it comes to Aneurysm repairs, Septal Defect repairs and post op complication codes. I was just "thrown" in to start coding this stuff and I have a general surgery background but it is totally different from cardiothoracic surgery. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!
    Chrissy, CPC

I have a surgery training packet I created for CT surgery. I'd be happy to fax it. You are welcome to email as well.

julie.graham4@hcahealthcare.com

This site has a few things.

http://www.cts.usc.edu/rossprocedure.html

Also
    http://www.sts.org/
    Julie Graham, BA, CPC, CCC

Default Julie
    Hi, I would really like a copy of the cardiothoracic material you have also.
    Could you email me at jmwallen@aol.com.

Thanks
    Julie

Default Julie
    Hi, I would really like a copy of the cardiothoracic material you have also.
    Could you email me at jmwallen@aol.com.

Thanks
    Julie CPC

5. Default
    If you can make it to the annual STS Coding Workshop in October, they always provide a ton of information. I always find it helpful. You can check their website for info -
    www.sts.org

I've been coding CT surgery for 7 or 8 years now. Feel free to email me with questions as well.

Lisi, CPC
    eharkler@nmh.org

Hi Julie,
    Me too please, if you can add one more person to that e-mail list (Mary.Irving@hhs.sccgov.org).

7. Default need some help too!
    I wish someone would throw me into this coding. I am still an apprentice and no one will give me an opportunity to get a start. I would love to do cardiology coding. I stay up on it the best I can. I know it is very challenging. When I read that someone was throw into it. Granted you have experience in general surgery. I'm still trying to get my foot in the door. I recently interviewed for a front desk position at an orthopaedics outpt facility. Just have to keep trying.

Hi John. I know it can be very frustrating. Unlike RN's everyone want us to have experience which I never really quite understood, if you passed the 5 hour test, earning you CPC. I think you are doing the right thing; I knew it would be a challenge to get a coding job so I used the company I already worked for (doing ins verification) and spoke with the manager about getting into coding once I passed. I passed went back to my manager and the CFO and they gave me a shot. I started out helping pull reports for the other coders and was exposed to a little E&M. Then I was shown some heart cath's and just progressed from there. Funny thing was they said it would take me 6 months to a year to get 'my own clinic' (which means I'm assigned to coding specifically for that clinic) and I had my own within 3 months. DON'T GIVE UP! If I'm ever a manager, I WILL give newley credentialed memebers a chance because someone took a chance on me.

Default CTS added to practice
    Hi Julie,

We are adding a CTS surgery to our cardiology group. Any information or references to be referred would be greatly appreciated!!!

Please email to: cweavercpc@gmail.com

Thanks so much!!!!!
    C. Weaver, CPC, CCC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast