AAPC - Back to school

Thread: OBGYN employed phlebotomist?

Grants Pass

Default OBGYN employed phlebotomist?

AAPC: Back to School
    My employer group of OB/GYN's have asked me to look into the pro's and con's of having an employee phlebotomist on staff to draw blood inhouse & collect urine inhouse. The lab testing would be done by an outside lab that would also pickup the samples for testing. That lab would also provide the needed materials for transporting samples.
    Does anyone have any comments/advice?

Glendale, AZ

Who is acting in that position currently? The MAs? I think, financially, it would be better to contact the lab you deal with the most to see if they can place one of their phlebotomists in your office with their equipment. The lab usually pays for all the supplies related to lab services (tubes, culture swabs, etc) as well as the computer/printer equipment to submit/process requisitions. I have worked in 2 offices that had this type of arrangment and it worked out great for everyone!

Grants Pass

Default thankyou!

thankyou for sharing your experience. It does sound like that is the best way to go!

Similar Threads

1. Need To Be Employed in US
    By vcheekati in forum Employment General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2014, 03:40 AM
  2. Dr employed by two different groups
    By tomtom2 in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 02:51 PM
  3. Employed!
    By 01131937 in forum Employment General Discussion
    Replies: 11