90715 and 90471 only.
90471 is utilized for the first vaccination administration (single or combo vaccine)
90472 for each additional vaccination administration (single or combo vaccine)
There are new vaccination codes for pediatric patients when counseling is provided and these are the ones that are billed per component instead of per vaccine. As this patient is over 18 years of age AND no counseling was provided the below codes do not apply, but I think this may be where the mix up with vaccine components is coming from.
90460 Immunization administration thru 18 years of age via any route, with counseling; first vaccine/toxoid component
90460 ... each additiona vaccine/toxoid component.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join