Billing and Coding Specialist Certification by NATIONAL HEALTHCARE ASSOCIATION
A Certified Billing and Coding Specialist's main focus is on converting a medical procedure, diagnosis, or symptom into specific codes for submitting a claim for reimbursement. As a CBCS, you may perform some or all of the following duties:
â€¢Understand company claim policies â€¢Assign codes to each diagnosis and procedure
â€¢Rely on information of disease procEsses â€¢Understand patient requests for an initial appointment â€¢Code patient medical records correctly to optimize reimbursement for medical services. Beneifts to obtaining a Billing and Coding Certification may include more job opportunities, higher wages, and increased job security.
Is anybody familiar with this certification? Is it helpful for as reinforcement of the CPC?
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join