Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Employed as entry level coder less than 1mnth after Cert.

1. Default Employed as entry level coder less than 1mnth after Cert.
    Exam Training Packages
    Hello Everyone, I was recently offered a position as an entry level coder in a hospital. This is exciting because I just received my CPC-A less than 1 month ago. I have heard about a lot of people being unable to find employment for many months to years after they have completed their exams. I understand that is frustrating as I'm sure I would feel the same way.

My situation, however was different. Some folks might not agree with this post, others will, but it needs to be written either way.

When I first started taking medical coding classes, I prayed to God for help. I knew this was a new challenge for me to undertake, especially not having any prior health field experience. I must give all glory to God. He helped me, he helped push me through the challenging aspects of the course. I am a diligent bible reader, and it kept me encouraged and positive as I moved through each module of my coursework. I'm not trying to bring a religious debate on the AAPC forums, but I AM bringing the glory to God in front of thousands, because he deserves it. In my opinion, he was the ONE single source of success for me in the whole ordeal.

He was my strength. As I made it through my course and completed it, it was because Jesus Christ was my strength. When I passed my final the first time, it was because of Him. When I passed the CPC exam the first time, it was because of Him. I have found an entry level coder job less than one month from certification. I had 3 interviews, and landed a job on the second one, all because of Him! I prayed constantly, I read my bible constantly, and I continued to speak positively about my situations. Before I even finished my course, I was thanking God for a job that I could not see, but believed that he would give me.

All I'm trying to share, is that God is the reason my situation turned out somewhat differently than a lot of folks. I promised God that when all this good stuff happened I would tell as many folks as I could exactly WHY it happened. It is because he loved me and cared enough to see me successful. He is my source, my God, and he has given me a career that I can be proud of.

I wish everyone success as you press forward. May God bless you all!
    Adam L. Shoop CPC
    You will be successful in whatever you choose to do,
    and light will shine on the path ahead of you. Job 22:28

Only because of God, my father, and Jesus Christ,
    did I make it into this field so smoothly. Thank you God!

2. Default
    Congratulations on getting your job!

Robin King, CPC

Congrats Adam on gaining employment in such a short time! I wish you all the luck in your new endeavor, you'll be great and most of all you have HIM on your side as well. Let us know how it goes as you start your real "learning".

Best wishes...
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

Hi, Adam,
    You did it! Not only did you finish your training and ultimately land your first coding job after completion of a hard course (every student's dream), you also followed thru with your intentions to relay the credit to where credit is due. I've watched you since your first appearance on the school's message board to where you are today, (along with many others), and repeat, I'm not surprised that you've come this far. The source of your credit is obvious. Your journey has been inspiring and we're still watching!

---Suzanne E. Byrum CPC

5. Default
    Adam,
    Awesome!! What a testimony, for what the Lord can do for you. I have taken the test twice, and just missed passing, I will try again, probably in 2012. May the Lord bless you, in your life, and as you start your new job!!

Good for you Adam - and praise God!

Congratulations on the job, Adam.

I was in much the same situation as you, although it took me nine months to get a job. Through it all, I never lost faith in God's plan.
    L. Mark Kozu, COC, CPC, CCC

Congratulations Adam. Isn't God amazing. I just took my certification test Saturday and had many people praying for me. I know in my heart that if I pass this test it will be become of Him and not only my prayers, but prayers from my family and friends. I wish you many blessings in your new employement.

9. Default
    Adam,
    I am so glad you wrote this post. It will give others the encouragement they might need to know they will find a job, just keep trying. You are going to do wonderful!
    Theresa CCS-P CPMA CCC ICDCT-CM

Quote Originally Posted by AdamShoop View Post
    Hello Everyone, I was recently offered a position as an entry level coder in a hospital. This is exciting because I just received my CPC-A less than 1 month ago. I have heard about a lot of people being unable to find employment for many months to years after they have completed their exams. I understand that is frustrating as I'm sure I would feel the same way.

My situation, however was different. Some folks might not agree with this post, others will, but it needs to be written either way.

When I first started taking medical coding classes, I prayed to God for help. I knew this was a new challenge for me to undertake, especially not having any prior health field experience. I must give all glory to God. He helped me, he helped push me through the challenging aspects of the course. I am a diligent bible reader, and it kept me encouraged and positive as I moved through each module of my coursework. I'm not trying to bring a religious debate on the AAPC forums, but I AM bringing the glory to God in front of thousands, because he deserves it. In my opinion, he was the ONE single source of success for me in the whole ordeal.

He was my strength. As I made it through my course and completed it, it was because Jesus Christ was my strength. When I passed my final the first time, it was because of Him. When I passed the CPC exam the first time, it was because of Him. I have found an entry level coder job less than one month from certification. I had 3 interviews, and landed a job on the second one, all because of Him! I prayed constantly, I read my bible constantly, and I continued to speak positively about my situations. Before I even finished my course, I was thanking God for a job that I could not see, but believed that he would give me.

All I'm trying to share, is that God is the reason my situation turned out somewhat differently than a lot of folks. I promised God that when all this good stuff happened I would tell as many folks as I could exactly WHY it happened. It is because he loved me and cared enough to see me successful. He is my source, my God, and he has given me a career that I can be proud of.

I wish everyone success as you press forward. May God bless you all!

Adam,
    You bring tears to my eyes! Thank you for your post and I hope others find encouragement from your words and they look to God to see them through as we all should. Good Luck on your positive future endeavors as you deserve them. You are an inspiration and you have made my day!!! God Bless you!
    Sincerely,

Kristie Stokes, CPC, CPMA, CCS, CMDP, ICDCT-CM

AAPCCA Board of Directors 2014-2017
    Region 1 - Northeast
    Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York

Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine they see all day.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast