Typically Medicare does not pay for the 99441-99443 or the 98966-98968 codes for phone calls. But that should not stop you from using them and billing the patient. Medicare will not pay for them until you do start using them and if you use for one you have to use it for all. Care plan oversite I have had Medicare pay for in some areas, however it was usually prior authorized and the documentation was submitted. I know the documentation needs to be nothing less than perfection for care plan oversite but I am not sure why it is not on the fee schedule. You might inquire with you Medicare regional office and see. I know of no G code substitute for either sets of codes.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join