Rebecca, quick question as one of my providers are asking. Can a patient answer an HPI type of worksheet and the physician looks it over, adds more info if needed then scan it to the pt's ehr file? She wants to do this then put "refer to attached" as her HPI section. Based on my knowledge this does not make sense as the provider should be asking the HPI questions to help guide the visit but I don't know the compliance with attaching a document for the HPI.... Can you help with this? It's an interesting question.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join