A business associates agreement would be sufficient for records to go to the billing company. Other than that there has to be a trust between the two organizations and hopefully the MR would not be required unless there is some type of request from an insurance carrier.
The EOB should be in your contract with the billing company. You want to ensure they are the property of the practice. It would be advisable to have access to them or to review them periodically as this will assist you in understanding how the billing company is performing.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join