I would use a 57 since the fracture codes have a greater than 10 day global. However then there is the school of thought that says the 25 is for E&M with procedures that can safely be performed in a physician office. I go with the global days since that is what CMS states, so for procedures that have 10 days or less in the post op global you use the 25 modifier and for those with greater than 10 days you use the 57 modifier, it is much more clear cut to me.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join