We have a patient who had an IUD inserted for control of menorrhagia. When coming in for her IUD checks I have been using the V25.42 IUD surveillance code but insurance is denying as non-covered service. We did get approval for the IUD for the menorrhagia. My question is should I be using the 626.2 primary with the V25.42 secondary or would the code V25.3 Menstrual extraction (description reads menstrual regulation).
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join