Published in Otolaryngology Coding Alert, August 2011
Question: One of our physicians removed a balloon intranasal packing that was placed by another group. Would we bundle this removal into the E/M?
New Mexico Subscriber
Answer: Yes. It is part of the E/M service.
Option: If this service involves the removal of the nasal packing placed by the same physician during the performance of a treatment of a nasal bone fracture, the removal of the nasal packing is part of the 90-day global services. This [...]
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join