The code you were looking at are for Laparoscopy. This was a Laparotomy or Open Procedure.
Dr's OpNote is bad. From what I got out of it is he/she resected the distal ileum/terminal ileum part of the ascending colon, did a jejuno-colostomy, and ileostomy with muco fistula. I didn't see the small bowel anastomosis besides end to side jejuno-colostomy. Dr needs to clarify.
Maybe - 44799 44310 or include everything into 44799. I want to say he did a 44120 also but it's not clear if the anastomosis was done. An auditor would crew this OpNote up.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join