Is anyone else getting denials from Amerigroup or any other insurance company requiring the LMP (last menstrual period) date when billing 76801,76812,76815,76818?
They are denying all our procedures listed above stating the LMP is required in field 14. I have left messages with no return phone calls. I also contacted the Ohio department of Insurance trying to get a copy of this new law Amerigroup is stating is now a requirement.
Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem and if you can supply me with any additional information.
They are the ONLY insurance company denying these codes for the LMP date requirement.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join