AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Arthritis Dx HELP

Default Arthritis Dx HELP

AAPC: Back to School
    Pt is a coming from workers comp. She got approved with the dx of 716.56(Polyarthritis;5 or more joints simultaneously). Doctors dictation only states tricompartmental osteoarthritis and more moderate changes of the femoral tibial joint space. For tricompartmental osteoartritis I used 715.36, but WC is denying the claim.

Did I use the right dx? I believe I did, but Im starting to doubt myself and I would like some others input about it before I go talk to the doctor about this.

Greater Pittsburgh

715.3X is for degenerative, I would have used 716.X for traumatic.because it is Workers Comp., verify with the Dr. that it is from the pt's. injury.
    jdemar, CPC, CMA

If you have a WC for USPO or DOD, you MUST use the "accepted" diagnosis whether you
    agree with it or not if you wish to get paid. Government WC is a totally different breed of cat and the "accepted" diagnosis, as long as it is the same body part, and somwhat close, must be used. Strange, but TRUE !!

Greater Pittsburgh

I do know that, but shouldn't you complete and submit a C-9 form to Ohio W Comp. and have it corrected to reflect the correct diagnosis?
    jdemar, CPC, CMA

Similar Threads

1. spinal arthritis
    By jprado in forum ICD-10
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2015, 03:14 AM
  2. Rheumatoid Arthritis
    By Evelyn Kim in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2015, 02:24 PM
  3. arthritis
    By Trendale in forum Diagnosis Coding