Codes 99411 and 99412 are timed-based (30 and 60 minutes, respectively) so time documentation with these codes is pretty much a given. It's probably a good idea to include documentation of the number of patients in the group and what counseling was provided, as well as investigating coverage from your payers.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has all kinds of coding and documentation information, so if your provider is an AAP member, perhaps she can share her access to that information with you.
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join