The person in charge should be made aware of the consequences of waiving or accepting partial copays or deductibles. Insurance co. do monitor this behavior and will drop the provider and the other providers, if it is a group practice. I know from exp. I warned our dr. for months before all 4 of our drs in group were dropped because of ONE provider. I would suggest that you ask the office/P.A. to post sign in lobby that all copays, coinsurance, etc. are required when services are rendered.
here to help
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join