80101 is for an instrument that is individually testing per drug class typically found in lab setting. If the urine is collected and sent to the lab, this the code lab would billed or a hospital would bill if they send the specimen to reference labatoratory for example.
80104 is for drug test device that simulaneously tests for mulitple drug classes in a single procedure.
80104 was develop to describe of point of care testing using a drug test kit. The reimbursement is aimed at covering the cost of the test and resources used to perform it.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join