Since posting this question, I came across an article that states the following:
There is not a specific code for LV lead repair so the codes for generic lead repair are used. Code 33218 is used for lead repair when it is a single chamber generator and code 33220 is used when it is a dual chamber device.
You must code based on the device instead of the number of leads repaired due to CCI edits.
Note: A bi-ventricular device and a dual chamber device, in coding language are diffferent things. A dual chamber device involves the right atrium and right ventricle. A bi-ventricular device is the addition of a left ventricular lead onto a single or dual chamber device. If a single chamber pacemaker is implanted with a right ventricular lead and a left ventricular lead is added, it is a single chamber pacemaker with an LV lead for coding purposes.
Hope this helps anyone else questioning.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join