The physician must specify the TBSA for burn cares on EACH note. I don't know the size of the patient so I don't know what % 2.5 x 3.2 is for THAT patient (it would be different for an adult vs a toddler).
Also, there MAY be two different TBSA documented on one note.
For example, patient with second & third degree burns 35% TBSA, taken to OR today for debridement of left arm (8% TBSA).
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join