We bill PT/INRs all the time to Medicare, however we are FQHC so we are not allowed to bill the nurse visit in conjunction with the test, so we bill only the test. Here is what we use:
Dx: v58.61 (Patient visit for long-term use of anti-coagulants)
CPT: 85610-QW -- PT/INR
To all other insurance companies, we bill the same, but have a nurse visit charge attached as well (99211) -- but because we are FQHC we have to write-off this charge on Medicare claims as "non-billable"
Hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join