Dianna, you say you are doing an audit for a cardiologist. It sounds like the exam was documented with other organ systems other than cardiovascular, and the area in question (Neuro: is only conunted as one bullet, according to what he has documented ). It sounds as if he only examined the sensation of the nerves because looking at the DG under neuro: one bullet is to test the crainal nerves w/notation of any deficits,2nd bullet element is: exam of DTR with notation of pathological reflexes, 3rd bullet:exam of sensation. I would show the provider just what the DG for 97 are for elements of an exam hope this helps, I know your frustration and remember not documented, not done.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join