AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: conflict of interest?

North Carolina

AAPC: Back to School

I'm glad you're in a better place. We work too hard to be taken for granted.

I don't think there is an ethical problem if you have the right person, but where I work I believe the task to try to do both effectively is too large for one person. We employee approximately 40 physicians in a multi-specialty clinic.

I found this thread because I am one of two CPCs. (Yes, for all of the clinic) I am employed partly by the I.T. department and partly by the Billing department. My Billing supervisor is not a CPC. My fellow CPC and I have our desks in the I.T. department and are pretty much isolated from the billing department.

Problems come into play when we try to correct billing practices. We must first explain them to our Billing manager, who may or may not understand it. Then based on how it affects her "girls", or how many patient will complain, is how long it takes to actually implement the change?

The other problem is that she's "too busy" to work on our issues. I am concerned that some of our major billing issues may never get resolved because of a Billing Manager's stalling. Since she has us so isolated, I'm sure she's going to say she didn't know anything about it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

1. Conflict of Interest?
    By Cayden3! in forum Compliance General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 07:09 AM
  2. Conflict of Interest
    By Rperry in forum Compliance General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 02:05 PM
  3. Conflict of interest?
    By ARCPC9491 in forum Auditing General Discussion