Hospital or physician office,
Medicare or other payer?
Both codes are payable under the OPPS for hospital, and you can find the national payment levels in Addendum B for OPPS.
For physician office/non-hospital center, both are paid, but while 79005 has a set RVU/payment amount, A9517 is paid based on either invoice or by ASP as set by Redbook or other resources. Your local carrier decides how they will pay this.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join